Sunday, October 4, 2015

Countdown to the Taste of Carolina 1200K

On Thursday morning I will start my annual 1200k (750 mile) ride for 2015.  This year I will be riding the Taste of Carolina which starts in Statesville, NC. According to the event website, it looks like the first day will have some serious climbing as spend some time exploring the Appalachian mountains near the VIrginia-North Carolina border. Days 2-4 looks much more manageable assuming the wind doesn't interfere. It looks like we will get at least a brief visit to the Atlantic shore and a very brief foray into South Carolina.  The hurricane that is currently affecting the Carolinas is supposed to move through in the next few hours and the organizer is confident that the ride will be ok to go.

Like my other 1200k's, I expect to post some brief updates here and on Twitter when I can.

The official website is:  http://tc1200.bicycleforlife.org/

The link to the interactive route map is: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7525863

I will also be using my SPOT tracker so you can get live updates of my progress. The link to my SPOT tracker is located on the upper left of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment